First the interest rate. Then the other savings details.
Save for the things that matter!
With the digital term deposit on 6 months in LEI you grow your savings to sustain your family joy.
You benefit from:
- 3.5% interest rate for new Lei term deposit on 6 months opened using Mobile or Online Banking (internet banking type of service);
- Zero fee for cash desk withdrawals after the first rollover at maturity date.
The interest rate of 3.5% per year (composed of 1.7% interest rate per year and a bonus of interest of 1.8% per year, granted in the Campaign’s condition) is applied for 6 months Lei term deposits opened the first time during the campaign period, using Mobile or Online Banking (internet banking type of service), with a cumulated value of maximum 1.000.000 Lei per client. The deposits cannot be opened from amounts from other deposits or saving accounts in LEI opened at UniCredit Bank, at the date the Campaign started. Campaign period: 22nd of May – 22nd of August 22, 2019.
Please check the Campaign Regulation, here.
Find out all the Campaign details, here.
Fixed interest rate deposits: the interest rate is fixed during the term of the deposit until the first maturity. The deposit period can be: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or 2 years.
The amount required for opening a deposit is 500 lei or 200 euros / American dollars, while for a deposit on a 2-year period, the minimum amount is 1000 lei / euros / American dollars.
3 years term deposit in LEI: the interest rate of 3% per year is fixed during the term of the deposit until the first maturity. This deposit is available only on branches and the minimum amount required for opening is of 500 lei.
The interest rate is composed from annual interest rate and maturity bonus:
- The annual interest rate of 1.5% per year will be credited into the current account on the anniversary of a calendar year (12 months calculated from the start date of the deposit) and subsequently to the anniversary date of each new 12-month period. In case of early maturity, the interest rate already credited into the current account at the anniversary date of 12 months remains acquired by the deposit holder.
- The bonus interest rate of 1.5% is applied annually at the initial amount, is added above the annual interest rate and is paid at deposit maturity. In case of early maturity, the bonus interest rate is no longer paid.
Why open a Term Deposit ?
ZERO commision for opening, maintaining and closing the deposit;
The UniCredit clients can choose their preferred savings period: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, 2 years or 3 years;
You don’t have to worry about renewing at each settling day because you can automatically extend the deposit for a period identical to the prior.
After reaching maturity and having the first automatic extent, the term deposits that are opened for a period of minimum 6 months, have ZERO commission on cash withdrawals made at the pay office.
|TERM DEPOSITS WITH AUTOMATIC EXTENSION AND INTEREST RATE CAPITALIZATION (% per year)|
||Created through Online & Mobile Banking
|TERM DEPOSITS WITHOUT AUTOMATIC EXTENSION AND FIXED INTEREST RATE (% per year)|
|TERM DEPOSITS WITH AUTOMATIC EXTENSION AND FIXED INTEREST RATE (% per year)
||Type of interest
||Fixed, paid annualy*
||1.5% per year
|Bonus paid at maturity**
||1.5% per year
* annually credited into the current account on the anniversary of a calendar year (12 months calculated from the start date of the deposit) and subsequently to the anniversary date of each new 12-month period.
** is applied annually at the initial amount, is added above the annual interest rate and is paid at deposit maturity. In case of early maturity, the bonus interest rate is no longer paid.
For term deposits with RON fixed interest rate on 1, 3, 6 or 12 months opened in branch or by Contact Center is applied the interest rate for Online & Mobile Banking Deposit minus 1.00 procentual point.
For term deposits with EURO or USD fixed interest rate on 1, 3, 6 or 12 months opened in branch or by Contact Center is applied the interest rate for Online & Mobile Banking Deposit minus 0.15 procentual points.
The minimum amount for a term deposit for a period between 1 month and 12 months is 500 RON / 200 EUR / 200 USD.
The minimum amount for a term deposit for a period of 2 years is 1.000 RON / 1.000 EUR / 1.000 USD.
Questions and Answers
How does installment interest apply to a term deposit for private individuals?
Depending on the corresponding installment, the interest rate is calculated on the balance for the entire amount.
Who guarantees deposits established with UniCredit Bank?
UniCredit Bank deposits are guaranteed by the Deposit Guarantee Fund in the banking system (FGDB). The coverage ceiling is the equivalent amount in lei for 100,000 euros per depositor and bank.
What documents do I need to open a term deposit?
The only document you need to open a term deposit is an ID card.
Is the money earned from interest rate a tax subject?
Interest income is taxed as follows:
- 10% in case of interest paid to resident individuals;
- 16% in case of interest paid to non-resident individuals and non-resident legal entities;
- the tax rate provided by the Double Tax Treaties concluded by Romania with other states, if the non-resident presents a certificate of fiscal residence valid in the year of payment.
How does a term deposit with automatic extension and interest capitalization work?
At maturity, interest is added to your initial deposit, and the deposit is renewed with the balance so obtained.
Start saving more. Smarter and easier.
Term deposit calculator
Make an estimate for the deposit’s interest rate made through Online or Mobile Banking