We offer an extensive range of products in the financing sphere, from simple financing products to complex, structured financing solutions which go beyond the classic loan.
Short - term loans
- Working capital (wages, energy supply, raw materials, operational expenses);
- Stock financing in line with your business seasonality and market opportunities.
Main types of short term loans:
- Short-term loans for working capital (without automatic renewal – not revolving);
- Short-term lines for working capital (with automatic renewal – revolving);
- Short-term advance for working capital (based on commercial documents);
- Short-term loans for small investments;
- Short-term commercial contract financing;
- Term loans give you a structured longer term finance over an agreed period of time and can be the perfect way to finance items of capital expenditure that your business may need;
- The types of loans cover a full range of structures (CAPEX related, acquisition finance, project finance, debt restructuring)
- Can be used in conjunction with other short-term lending products.
#InvestEU: EIF and UniCredit agreement to provide EUR 160 million for SMEs* and small mid-caps**in order to sustain their research and innovation activities
The European Investment Fund (EIF) and UniCredit have signed an InnovFin Guarantee agreement to enhance access to finance for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and small mid-caps in Romania, Serbia, Czech Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Hungary, Slovakia in order to sustain their research and innovation activities. This transaction benefits from the support of the European Union through Horizon 2020, the EU's Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (2014-2020), and the European Fund for Strategic Investments (EFSI), the heart of the Investment Plan for Europe.
This guarantee agreement will be instrumental in helping countries in the Western Balkans and Eastern European regions to foster innovation and entrepreneurship and is playing a crucial role in achieving the European Commission's objective of providing the support that will allow improvement of living standards, environment protection, increasing of the sustainability and competitiveness of European industry by helping to support eligible enterprises in creating new jobs.
The European Investment Fund (EIF) is part of the European Investment Bank Group. Its central mission is to support Europe's small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and small mid-caps by helping them to access finance. EIF designs and develops venture and growth capital, guarantees and microfinance instruments which specifically target this market segment. In this role, EIF fosters EU objectives in support of innovation, research and development, entrepreneurship, growth, and employment.
The InnovFin SME Guarantee Facility is established under the “EU InnovFin Finance for Innovators” initiative backed by Horizon 2020. It provides guarantees and counter-guarantees on debt financing of between EUR 25,000 and EUR 7.5 million in order to improve access to loan finance for innovative small and medium-sized enterprises and small mid-caps. The facility is provided by EIF and is granted through financial intermediaries - banks and other financial institutions – in EU member states and associated countries. Under this facility, financial intermediaries are guaranteed by EIF against a proportion of their losses incurred on the debt financing covered under the facility.
Main features of the financing which benefits from InnovFin Guarantee Facility:
- Eligible enterprises: small and medium-sized enterprises and small mid-caps with turnover higher than 3 mio EUR;
- Availability period: until October 27,2019;
- Guarantee rate 50 %;
- Type of transactions: investment in tangible and/or intangible assets AND/OR working capital AND/OR business transfer transactions;
- Revolving facilities accepted: YES;
- Minimum maturity: 12 months;
- Maximum maturity: 3 years for revolving facilities / 10 years for non-revolving facilities;
- Minimum value of the principal amount: EUR 25.000;
- Maximum value of principal amount: EUR 2.500.000;
Financial benefit transferred to eligible enterprises through InnovFin Guarantee Facility:
- Collateral reduction;
- Competitive guarantee fee: 0.50% p.a. for SMEs and 0.80% p.a. for Small Mid-caps;
- Interest reduction according to financial performance.
*A micro, small or medium company according to European Commission regulation (EC) NO. 800/2008 from August 6th 2008 (Maximum employees number 249 and 50 mil euro turnover or 43 mil euro total assets.
**An enterprise within the meaning of Article 1 of the Title I of the Annex of the Commission Recommendation which has up to 499 employees and is not an SME.
Our experience in the local market ranges from the first real estate developments in Romania to the most recent ones. Our international vision and approach, combined with a sound understanding of regional practices and markets, and the technical implementation capabilities, are strong and clear reasons to choose UniCredit Bank for your real estate developments.
Loans for investments in commercial properties
- Short-term development loans from the moment the construction starts to the moment it is completed and rented;
- Long-term investment loans for financing a building purchase and/or refinancing development loans when specific requirements are met;
- Complete tailor-made financing structures for projects subject to forward sale-purchase agreements concluded with international investment funds and specialized investors.
Furthermore, you can receive assistance with improving and stabilizing the projects' cash flow and the loan parameters through interest rate hedging products.
Loans for residential developments
- Short-term development loans from the moment the construction starts to the moment it is completed and sold to the end-buyers;
- Special mortgage loan offers for individuals purchasing residential units in the projects financed by the bank (a wide range of loans and competitive insurance products).
Furthermore, you get the opportunity to advertise landmark projects among UniCredit Private Banking customers.
Loan Integrated Services
- Drafting loan documentaion, itsnegotiation, and structuring of loans from own underwriting to syndication, tailor-made solutions for each customer;
- Innovative financing structures for different property types, such as offices, residential buildings, hotels, shopping centers, logistic and industrial parks, customized solutions for mixed use projects and projects developed in several phases;
- Assistance in selecting project participants and the adequate consultants to ensure the fulfillment of the business plan;
- Networking with key players on the real-estate market;
- Assist in choosing the appropriate project and property management solutions to ensure a fast decision making process and immediate measure taking project development.
Through an agreement with the European Investment Bank (EIB) and with support from the European Union under the European Fund for Strategic Investments (“EFSI”), we support companies with less than 3000 employees by providing them with access to an invaluable source of lower cost finance for innovative projects, as well as companies that helps economy by creating new jobs for young people.
The EIB strengthens its support for companies by helping them to access new credit lines. The loan maturity is a minimum of 2 years (the actual term of the loan will depend on the economic and technical life of the project financed) and can be used to finance very small projects to investments with a maximum cost of 50 million euros. The EIB’s contribution, however, cannot exceed:
- EUR 12.5 million, for investments with total cost up to 25 million euros
- 50% of the project cost in case of large investments with a total cost above 25 million euros and up to 50 million euros.
The EIB loan can be used to finance investments and expenditures that are incurred in the development of a beneficiary:
- Tangible investments: purchases, renovations or extensions of tangible assets, including the development and planning during the construction phase; purchase of assets other than real estate (e.g. construction equipment), with the purpose of renting them to third parties
- Intangible investments: RDI expenses (expenditure involved in research, development and innovation components of the firm’s activities, and development costs of concessions, patents, licenses, trademarks and similar rights and assets); purchase of process licenses, software and other rights and assets with an inherent productive capacity.
- Medium and long-term working capital requirements to re-establish businesses’ general liquidity ratio.
In addition, companies shall meet at least one of the following criteria:
- be a start-up, i.e. a company created up to four years prior to requesting the sub-financing, or
- be an innovative company that meet at least one of the InnovFin innovation criteria under the EIF’s SMEG or EIB’s Mid-Cap Guarantee/Mid-Cap Growth Facility (please refer to the dedicated Relationship Manager)
- fulfil one of the Jobs for Youth (“JfY”) eligibility criteria (please refer to the dedicated Relationship Manager)
- Most economic sectors are eligible, for exceptions please refer to the dedicated Relationship Manager
- small and medium size enterprises with less than 250 employees (“SMEs”) prior to investment based in one of the EU Member States
- medium sized companies with minimum 250 and less than 3000 employees (“MidCap”) prior to investment based in one of the EU Member States
- You can receive beneficial interest rates compared to standard business lending rates.
- You can negotiate the term or repayment frequency of the loan to suit the circumstances and cash-flow requirements of your business;
- You can significantly invest in your business without adversely affecting your cash-flow or liquidity.
Investment projects financed by UniCredit Bank include the acquisition of new equipment, as well as the building, expanding or upgrading production facilities. The projects are analyzed individually and the reimbursement options considered are either the cash flow generated by the project itself or cash from current operations.
UniCredit Group, benefitting from a strong global expertise in the context of the particular focus on the CEE region, is constantly ranked among the top banks in by prestigious institutions dealing with the syndicated loan market, such as Global Capital (former Euro Week) and Dealogic Loan Analytics. UniCredit Group undertakes roles as Mandated Lead Arranger, Co-arranger, or Participant for international or local transactions, with a particular focus on CEE countries, based on corporate projects that involve complex financing needs and require a significant amount of funding.