Payments & Collections
We have developed both standard payment solutions and special collection solutions adapted to your company's activity.
- You can open accounts in lei and foreign currency dedicated to each division, activity or geographic region, so that you can efficiently monitor certain activities;
- UniCredit Bank offers the possibility of keeping the current account available without mandatory minimum amount, with interest. Thus, you can benefit from the company's availability for payments and other current operations at any time;
- The interest is calculated daily and is posted into the account at the end of the month.
You can benefit from the following types of payments:
Domestic and foreign currency payments
- We offer a fast and accurate settlement for both payments in lei and those in foreign currency through our access to the compensation plan in Romania (TransFonD) and to the most important systems of “clearing & settlement” for euros, dollars and other main currency;
- Payments may be ordered electronically - using one of the two electronic applications Multicash or BusinessNet - or on paper.
- UniCredit Bank offers its customers the opportunity to order end to end SEPA transfers on a special template/module, available through the electronic applications BusinessNet Basic and Professional and MultiCash. SEPA transfers use the XML format that provides, in addition to the SWIFT format, new fields with necessary information for reconciliation;
- Even if not initiated in SEPA format (in XML format or by using the special template) UniCredit Bank will convert and direct a payment via the SEPA specific CSMs (Clearing and Settlement Mechanisms) if the respective payment meets the conditions for SEPA clearing;
- UniCredit Bank also offers its clients the opportunity to make payments via SEPA Direct Debit (SDD) on the basis of signing a contract with the bank and after submitting a copy of the Mandate signed with SEPA DD. SEPA Direct Debit payments are made after validation of payment instructions sent by the provider SEPA DD mandate, a copy of which was filed by the payer to the bank.
Domestic payments by Direct Debit (DD)
The client companies of UniCredit Bank can pay the amounts due in lei by Direct Debit. If a company holds a current account at UniCredit Bank, they can sign a DD mandate; thus, the payment obligations to different suppliers shall be automatically performed by means of the DD instructions issued by the supplier.
We also offer the possibility of signing electronic Direct Debit Mandates for the agreed beneficiaries by means of our BusinessNet Basic/ BusinessNet Professional applications;
- The company’s account is automatically debited upon the maturity date, with the amount mentioned by the supplier within the electronic instructions of direct debit;
- Payments through DD can be made by both suppliers, upon an open invoice account at UniCredit Bank (intra-bank DD), as well as by the suppliers, with an open account with other credit institutions (inter-bank DD). For the suppliers with invoice accounts with other credit institutions, the payment service can be activated if the supplier can initiate DD instructions in the inter-bank system (service provided by the credit institution where the invoice account is open).
- A payment order initiated by the payer once, when the bank is mandated upon repeated execution. This type of payment can be ordered on paper format or through BusinessNet electronic application;
- One can perform payment orders scheduled in lei (including to the State budget) or in a foreign currency;
- The debit frequency can be daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, each semester and annually, and the payments can be fixed or fluctuating.
- The salary payment, which is also possible by the use of BusinessNet and Multicash applications, is a functionality extremely useful to the companies that wish to pay the salaries to their employees, without having to go to the bank;
- The extended network of branches, automatic cash-dispensers (ATM/BNA) and EFT-POS terminals installed with the traders gives the possibility to the salary card holder to use them for shopping or cash withdrawal on minimal costs, as well as the ability to perform any type of current account transaction.
Customslink - Electronic Customs Duty Payment Confirmation
- This service is a straight forward and safe solution to electronically settle your duties with the Customs Offices and is available in all Romanian Customs Offices that have an IT infrastructure in place.
- UniCredit Bank will automatically and electronically dispatch the relevant information regarding the payment orders to the Customs Offices within approximately 1 hour from the moment the payment is processed.
- This service is available for electronic payments, as well as paper based payments in accordance with the specific cut-off-times of UniCredit Bank.
Direct Debit (intra-banking and inter-banking)
- Direct Debit represents a fast and efficient solution for the collection of payment obligations. Basically, the Direct Debit service is a pre-authorized debit of the payer‘s account; this debit is initiated by your company based on a Direct Debit collection agreement between UniCredit Bank and your company;
- Intra-banking debit (payers with accounts open at UniCredit Bank) and inter-banking debits (payers with accounts open at other credit institutions) are available in lei only;
- Based upon issued and validated DD instructions (un-rejected), the company’s account is automatically credited upon the maturity date with the amounts debited from the payers’ accounts (intra-bank DD) or with the amounts collected through the national compensation and settlement system (TRANSFOND-SENT) from the payers’ banks (inter-bank DD).
- Completely automated process;
- Automatic reconciliation based on daily reports delivered by the bank for the required payments.
- The service represents the transfer of funds from your company’s account, open with the State Treasury, into the current account from UniCredit Bank, and it shall only be available for account format 50.69 – Available funds – of the economic operators, open at the State Treasury;
- Transfers are performed by the bank without having to submit payment orders from your company;
- The service shall be valid both in Bucharest, as well as throughout the country;
- The bank statement open at the State Treasury can be electronically seen by means of BusinessNet or Multicash applications and it can also be delivered in MT940 format. In addition, you can also find the bank statement in paper format at the branch where you have an open account.
Safe transport of assets
- Based upon the agreement concluded with the bank’s partner – a company specialized in safe transport of assets, UniCredit Bank provides secured cash collection services/ other asset collection services from requested locations, as well as safe cash rendering to the specified locations;
- The collection of assets comprises lei, other currencies, debit instruments, coins;
- You benefit from the highest safety standards: cash transport is performed by means of armored cars, under armed guardianship, and GPS monitoring;
- You can also benefit from collection from any location in Romania and for any number of operations.
Special solutions for invoice collection
- Payment order on a special template;
- Cash at Cash multifunctional machines (BNA);
- By card at bank cash-dispensers (ATM) and POS;
- Cash at the cash deskr;
- Cash at the partners’ cash desk or terminals.
The hereinbefore mentioned shall be discussed with specialists on the technical part on behalf of the company that wishes to render the efficiency in invoice collection via many channels (cash and alternative channels), in order to establish all aspects involved (validation algorithms, invoice accounts, etc.)
- Bank statements MT940 and electronic intermediary reports MT942 – standard format;
- Bank statements MT940 and electronic intermediary reports MT942– UniCredit structural format;
- Real-time monitoring method of debit instruments (by means of BusinessNet);
- Acceptance mode upon card payment (the transactions performed by means of POS and Imprinter terminals can be seen by traders directly from the electronic application BusinessNet);
- The monitoring file of the debit instruments rendered upon collection;
- Other special solutions – solutions can fluctuate from structural bank statements until special reconciliation files for collections via POS terminals.
You can choose one of four company service and product packages depending on your business profile:
- Flexible Pay;
- Flexible Collect;
The main advantage of using these packages is the unique and fixed monthly cost, which has been significantly reduced in comparison to the individual prices of the included products.
We can agree on the best package for your business depending on your company's activity and on the types of transactions / products used.